Zooted!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Have you heard this phrase.

• Yes my buddy is always Z----d !

• Yeah, this is what I become on race day!

• Nah, but that sounds like my brother inlaw!

• I heard that said when! .............!

Results are only viewable after voting.

ThebrewdawG

Reaction score
I think this term, meaning your slammed, toast, wasted, insert yours here! came to be in the early 90's in a chat room I was in. I think I was playing yahoo chess/checkers.This format allowed the users to chat in real time with a host of other players. I'm sure someone from down under coined this phrase!
How many of you have heard used,called your freind or have been ID'd as a zoot?:D

I can't say I've heard any of those phrases. I've only heard of Zoot suits, and naughty Zoot. Naughty Zoot left the grail-shaped beacon on again and had to be punished with spanking. Then the oral sex.

It was great peril.

I heard that term many times in college. A few people I knew that were all from the same town used it all the time referring to being stoned. "dude, I'm sooo zooted from those bong hits...."

c.n.budz said:
I heard that term many times in college. A few people I knew that were all from the same town used it all the time referring to being stoned. "dude, I'm sooo zooted from those bong hits...."

Same here. Never used or heard it used much for being druck but definitely used it for being baked...

I've never heard of it either.

Can't I stay here and peril?

No, no... it's far too perilous.

When I lived among the Trustafarians I would often hear them use expressions like "Zooted" to describe the state of being intoxicated on marijuana. At times I would find these sayings amusing, but mostly they just made me want to bash their heads in.

aekdbbop said:
my brother in law says "dag"

dont know what it means, but it is strange.

Here in Aus, a "Dag" is a clueless fool. As in. "Those orange sneakers with blue jeans make you look like a DAG!"

Or "Robbo still has the tag hanging off his new shirt..What a Dag!"

aekdbbop said:
my brother in law says "dag"

dont know what it means, but it is strange.

Just my 0,0000000000000000000000000002€ but in Swedish "dag" means "day". Not sure why I'm even bothering -guess I'm zooted (to my defence I'm 6-9 hours ahead of you...)

H

Damn kids nowadays with their weird interlingo! Back in my day we had Gee Whillickers and Gosh Darn it and that's all we needed to express ourselves. Now git on offa my lawn before I turn the hose on ya!

Back