Zombipocalypse Survival Kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am pretty sure Bear Grylls does not try to show you how to survive anymore, but is now taking the title of the show too literally and thinks he is supposed to actually battle nature. I mean how else can you explain pole vaulting down a hill?

Or squeezing an elephant turd for water! He probably has more parasites inside of him than a $5 hooker.

Some great ideas here. I'm going to add several of them to the kit. The shovel, duct tape, rope, and a couple of candles are also going to be added to the kit.

Of course, I heard that those items are also in Revvy's "Saturday Night Date Kit". OHHHHH Sick Burn!!!

Just kidding Revvy. Have fun at your hockey game this weekend.

You can get some decent kits here Emergency kits and 72 Hour Kits - Emergency Essentials
it's a good start for the price then just add the items that are missing. I gave one to my son to keep in his dorm room at school ( he probably used the aspirin for a hangover) it's better than nothing at all.

This thread is amazing and worthy of resurection (gag intended). I put in to get stationed in Alaska where there are many areas where people are sparcely populated and guns are the plenty. Lots of gun and ammo shops to raid and the cold winters are nasty on the undead. If you haven't read The Zombie Survival Guide it's a good place to start. When the dead rise.......be ready. Be semper paratus.

one thing i think needs to be added is communications. tin can or tuna can transmitter for morse QRPme and the ability to receive as well. if you can get a couple 2 meter radios. do not use them unless you are licensed or incase of true end of civilization. they are ok for listening though. or a nice wide band radio. this can be helpful in listening for broadcasts or being able to communicate at distance. a small sealed battery like for a motorcycle and a solar cell would be good as well. it can be small and portable. good for all sorts of things.

My buddy has a great idea for when the zombies attack. Hoover Dam. Get in the car and head west (from MD, anyways). Self-sufficient electricty supply, well fortified, very structurally sound, endless water supply. See you guys there for the apocalyse.

My buddy has a great idea for when the zombies attack. Hoover Dam. Get in the car and head west (from MD, anyways). Self-sufficient electricty supply, well fortified, very structurally sound, endless water supply. See you guys there for the apocalyse.

Truely brilliant my good man.:rockin:

long trip when we know the zombies will be infesting the 10 largest metro area's

la ny dc chi atl mia hst dlls bst think i would head to yuma and the area around there. secluded dry and hot and the base offers some good shelters and of course ordinance

You won't be the only one to think of a public bugout spot like the Hoover Dam. What will you do with the other people who're already there? One of the first instincts you might have when thinking about disaster preparedness/survival in general, is that the ultimate refuge has to be that huge Mega-Mart or mall near your house. I mean, they have everything, right? Food, water, shelter, and possibly even arms quite literally line the walls in places like that.

Everyone else has had, or will come up with, the same idea. Well, maybe not everyone- but certainly so many that the chances your particular store won’t be overrun is pretty damn slim.

Kirgisien380_dpa_380.jpg

Hurricane-looting-Wal-4.jpg

4918413.jpg

Have you ever been to the grocery store around dinner time? It’s a pain in the ass, isn’t it? What about before a blizzard or a major storm? It’s a zoo. Remember Katrina? Great googley-moogely! What about Christmas Eve at the mall? *shudder* Now imagine that it’s the mother****ing End of the World as We Know It.

The same principle applies to setting up shop after some time has passed in the PAW. Only now, though there might be fewer people to compete with, those that are left could be crazy, sick, or just plain hostile. The materials you came looking for will be depleted by spoilage and scavenging. Squatters may defend what's left with violence. The building will more than likely already have had its security measures breached.

In short, it’s not just a bad idea- it’s a ridiculously common one. Don’t do it. You shouldn’t rely on hitting the supply jackpot after the unthinkable happens anyway. So ditch the Mega-Store “plan” and come up with something original, something that works best for you and your specific set of circumstances.

well geez...you coulda just said 'have fun tryin to fight your way into the Hoover Dam'.

Just to be clear, if someone has any legit knowledge of impending doom, could you tell us loyal HBTers so we can get a leg up. Or an extra brew goin

I am just going to hold up somewhere close to my house for a couple of weeks. Either at my sisters place, or somewhere closer. I figure after about 2 weeks, many of the initial survivors will be dead from fighting amongst themselves. After that, I can sneak my way north where I have some more family. I guess I'll eat my dogs if things get too bad.

Just trying to edjumacate the public as to what they're getting into if they don't prepare ahead of time, that's all.

Have fun stormin the castle!!

Back