Zombie dust yeast harvest

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RUNningonbrew

Reaction score
Has anyone grid to harvest the yeast from zombie dust ? Does anyone know if its the house yeast they use to bottle condition? Thanks

I don't know what they use to bottle but they use Wyeast 1968 to ferment. That was direct from the brewer at one of the other forums. WLP002 would be about the same thing.

I'm in the process of creating a clone recipe. I was just going to use my always go to California WLP001. But I have been thinking about changing it to WLP002. If that is what they use then I am probably going to do that.

This will be my first All Grain try. Hopefully the DME will stay in the air tight sealed package as long as I meet my estimated gravity.

histo320 said:
I'm in the process of creating a clone recipe. I was just going to use my always go to California WLP001. But I have been thinking about changing it to WLP002. If that is what they use then I am probably going to do that.

This will be my first All Grain try. Hopefully the DME will stay in the air tight sealed package as long as I meet my estimated gravity.

Check my recipes or google search for Zombie Dust Cline. May save you some time.

When did they start bottle conditioning ZD?

Check my recipes or google search for Zombie Dust Cline. May save you some time.

When did they start bottle conditioning ZD?

Your recipe is the one I am using to base mine off of. I am worried about the FWH addition and the bitterness. I was going to add a bit more melanoiden but I may try that in another batch.

I know this thread is old but I have 1 bottle of Zombie Dust left from DLD and was wondering if I can grow the yeast from it. I grew the Conan yeast from a can of Heady and was hoping to do the same with ZD AND USE Skeezers clone recipe...

Back