Zero Tolerance Gluten Free Brewing Wiki

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Silly Yak

Reaction score
Hi All,

The Zero Tolerance Homebrew Club has been busy furiously creating a new wiki for all dedicated gluten free brewers to use as a resource: Zero Tolerance Gluten Free Homebrew Club

The wiki has a bunch of great information for experienced and new GF brewers alike and we will be constantly updating the information over time. Head on over and check it out and let us know in the comments if this is useful information or if you feel something is missing that could enhance this resource.

Cheers,
Cale

Thanks for sharing. I have he link saved.
Interesting that they don't list the Diatase enzyme sold by E. C. Kraus. I would think this one would be listed as it is readily available. The information with the Diatase enzyme states that it serves the same purpose as alpha and beta amylase enzymes and is referred to as a glucoamylase enzyme. From this description I would expect it to be similar to SEBAmyl GL but I don't really know.

Thanks for sharing. I have he link saved.
Interesting that they don't list the Diatase enzyme sold by E. C. Kraus. I would think this one would be listed as it is readily available. The information with the Diatase enzyme states that it serves the same purpose as alpha and beta amylase enzymes and is referred to as a glucoamylase enzyme. From this description I would expect it to be similar to SEBAmyl GL but I don't really know.

I'll have to research Diatese and we can add it to the list. I wonder if E.C Kraus is just mixing two enzymes together and repackaging it? Do you have any detail on if they actually manufacture enzymes?

Not sure. A lot of us used it way before Termamyl came into view and it was a game changer at the time because it worked and you could get it. I have used it ever since. Then adding Termamyl for the high gelatinization step provided a complete solution.

This is great Cale, especially the pages on enzymes and mashing. My one concern is that those two pages are likely to be information overload for a new brewer. It might be nice to have a section in the mashing page that gives distinct guidelines for starting out, maybe 2 or 3 different options depending on equipment/enzyme availability, just as a starting point.

You could also have an example of equipment required for each of the mashing techniques, as that determines the path that a lot of us take.

Additionally I'd like to see Aaron Gervais' mash schedule on there (not sure if you'd call that a falling reverse mash or a bell curve). I have it written down if you need it, as it's what I've been using.

I am under the impression that the rising step mash needed Ceremix to match the efficiency of the falling reverse mash, but I don't see that stated there.

What a great website! It's such a nice collection of info that can easily grow over time as you fill in the pukas. Good work you guys.

Back