Yuengling Keg!!!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

raptorkeeper89

Reaction score
So a good buddy of mine managed to score a 1/2 BBL keg of Yuengling! Seeing as how we live in CA you can imagine our excitement! My question is, if he just uses the regularly supplied keg hand pump, do we run the risk of oxidation after a few days, ie is our time limited on the beer using this tap? Or is there a way to hook up c02 to a sanke keg? And not even worry?

The hand pump will cause the beer to go flat within a short period of time. What you need is a keg coupler with faucet, CO2 tank, and a way to keep the beer at the correct temp (kegerator) in order to keep it for an extended period of time. IMHO of course.

It's Yuengling. If you're drinking it right, you'll kill that keg before it even has a chance to consider going flat!

if you can find a sanke coupler to borrow or even rent, you can switch out the connectors to whatever your friend uses on his system. Pressurize and drink the keg...swith the connectors back and return the coupler.pretty easy. I have one here that I did that to. I havent had occasion to use it yet but it was an easy switch.

I'm pretty close to going to Toledo to get a keg of Yuengling myself. I really want to use my new tap handle!

You can buy connector that are 1/4 inch threaded and gas and beer corney connectors that have the thread as well. You can the modify the sanke and connect to it. When the keg is done, just unscrew and connect back to corney. We have a regular sanke and a Type A (German) tap set up this way and it is easy just in case we run into a sale on Spaten or could score a Yuengling!

Back