You're going to thank me

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CreamyGoodness

Reaction score
Stand up.

Now put your hands on your hips.

Keeping your hands on your hips, move both elbows behind your back and try to make them touch.

Feel multiple parts of your body crack all at once. If it does not, you are possibly not of legal drinking age yet.

You're welcome.

CreamyGoodness said:
Stand up.

Now put your hands on your hips.

Keeping your hands on your hips, move both elbows behind your back and try to make them touch.

Feel multiple parts of your body crack all at once. If it does not, you are possibly not of legal drinking age yet.

You're welcome.

Got 2 good snaps, thanks!

I'll try this when I get home... people may look at me funny while at work... stupid open office environment.

Can pretty much guarantee that will do nothing for me. I can sometimes get a good crack with the arms extended straight out, and attempt to make my shoulder blades touch.

But what is almost a guaranteed crack-generator is stand upright, place the back of one hand just above the small of my back, and the back of the other hand against the first palm, and then bend backwards against pressure from my hands.

And then there's the ever-popular "twist against a door frame/corner" move that on a good day, I used to be able to get 6-10 pops out of.

But what is almost a guaranteed crack-generator is stand upright, place the back of one hand just above the small of my back, and the back of the other hand against the first palm, and then bend backwards against pressure from my hands.

Just more pain when I tried this. Don't try this at home, kids, you could hurt yourself.

Stand up, now kneel down. On your knees!! Drop down and lean forward, knees now pressing against your chest. Arms straight out and forward. Press down harder. Palms up. Hold your position for 30 seconds. At this point, do not try to stand, curl into a fetal position and pretend it doesn't hurt. Click your life alert button, help!!!!

Stand up, now kneel down. On your knees!! Drop down and lean forward, knees now pressing against your chest. Arms straight out and forward. Press down harder. Palms up. Hold your position for 30 seconds. At this point, do not try to stand, curl into a fetal position and pretend it doesn't hurt. Click your life alert button, help!!!!

What? Way too many steps.

Nothing for me though, think I'm too fat to move my elbows like that.

Here ya go:

1. Lie on your back on the floor.
2. Bring your knees up (together) while bracing yourself with your hands on the floor. Keep this for about 30 seconds to relax the small of your back.
3. Now, lower your legs for a bit, then bring them back up in a cross-legged position. Kind of like you are sitting "Indian" style (apologies to my First People friends) but with your back on the floor.
4. Here's where it gets good! Grab your knees (still in horizontal "Indian" style) and roll your body UP toward the ceiling ...smooshing your spine against the floor by segments.

This cracks my thoracic vertebrae every time. Ahhhhh....

Bonus:

5. After doing the above, sit up with your legs straight out and against the floor...your back at a right angle to your legs. Then, twist your upper body gently in each direction.....Crrrr---aaaaa-cccck go your lumbar vertebrae into their rightful position. Double ahhhhh....

Creamy, thanks, but I'm so inflexible my elbows only go back an inch on each side - and no cracks.

However, I will swear on Glucosamine Condroitin - I've got a bum knee, and cannot squat, kneel down, etc for anything over 5 seconds. At least I couldn't...but now, I'm almost 'normal'
Need to get back to yoga one of these days.

Back