Your "uh oh...." moments....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, one time I woke up in Tijuana with a tattoo in bed with some woman who claimed we were married AND I had bought a timeshare!

Oh, you mean brewing it...not drinking it.

On a semi cold day, brewing in my garage, I just started transferring from MT to BK and decided to go in and warm up for a bit. I came back in the garage later and quickly discovered I left the valve open on the BK. Wort was pouring all over the floor. It was awesome.

Here's what I'm calling Seatazzz's Law...if you think you have enough propane for a brew day, think again. Ran out about 6 minutes to flameout. The last hop addition was at 10 minutes, so I just did a pseudo whirlpool with them and then chilled. Smells awesome.

Just got a couple good ones this past Friday. Dumped about a gallon of pale ale all over the hardwood floor in my closet and living room when committed to removing a falling apart ball valve system (FastFerment) with the fermenter still filled with beer. Decided F-it and keg the remaining gallon, pulled the empty keg out of the keezer just to knock one of the tap handles and send what remained of my strawberry cream ale into the living room floor. I was doing this while cooking dinner. Opened the oven to pull the steak I was cooking out... By the handle without an oven mit. Normally I'm not a superstitious man but I'm never doing anything beer related on Friday the 13th again.
... all I wanted to do was dump the dregs so my beer would be clear. I ended up racking the remaining off the top with a syphon which ended up just as clear anyway minus a half of a quite delicious batch.

I usually brew outdoors under a canopy in the summer because of afternoon Florida rain but this one particular day, it just looked so nice ...

Naturally, the clouds rolled in fast during the boil and the sky just opened up in an apocalyptic, torrential downpour forcing me to seek shelter while about a gallon of rainwater was added to my boiling wort. Once the rain stopped, I boiled it down to where I normally would and my American farmhouse ale still turned out great!

I usually brew outdoors under a canopy in the summer because of afternoon Florida rain but this one particular day, it just looked so nice ...

Naturally, the clouds rolled in fast during the boil and the sky just opened up in an apocalyptic, torrential downpour forcing me to seek shelter while about a gallon of rainwater was added to my boiling wort. Once the rain stopped, I boiled it down to where I normally would and my American farmhouse ale still turned out great!

I would LOVE to brew with rain water... just not sure about the stuff that comes out of my rain barrels... it gets filtered by the roof and gutters.

My most memorable: Just before leaving town for a three day trip, I hooked up the CO2 hose to a just kegged beer, in my combination kegerator/beer frig. Most of the way home I was thinking about how good the beer would taste after my 8-hour drive.

Got home, found that the quick-connect on the CO2 hose had not seated properly. It pressured up the frig, the door was open, and all of my beer hot. And no CO2.

Late 2016 I brewed an IPA with water I took straight out of Lake Chelan. 'Twas early in my career and I didn't think anything of it. Turned out fantastic.

Back