Your typical newbie question...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stratoblastor

Reaction score
Hey all,

In the process of brewing my first batch of porter. Following the instruction sheet to a T. Yada yada... Sanitized everything. At day seven (per instructions) attempted to rack siphon the 5 gallons from the 6.5 primary bucket to the secondary 5 glass carboy. But stopper wouldn't stick! (Understand now about drying it or using sanitized foil). In quick thinking racked it from carboy to sanitized 6.5 bottling bucket. Took a gravity reading OG 1.062, current G 1.020. After 5 days still stuck at 1.020. Temp has been between 66-68 Fahrenheit. Was told to move it to a warmer area (74 degrees) and shake it up to possibly help the yeast to unstick... My plan now is to give it a few more days and get another reading. FG is supposed to be 1.012. I'm figuring if it's still at 1.020 I'll just go ahead, and the sugars to the clean primary, rack it and bottle it... Any thoughts?

Thanks

Sent from my iPad using Home Brew

I'd lightly swirl and warm it up for a few another week or so and take another gravity reading. Time can be your best friend

Back