Your favorite non HBT forum rants

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rhumbline

Reaction score
I’m a member or lurker on a bunch of forums and it’s always surprised me the lengths that we can go to find something to argue about. Regardless of the tameness of the topic, there always seems to be some issue that will polarize the participants.

We've got our own here on this forum, but this isn’t about HBT.

Here are some forums that I’ve been on and the sometimes hilarious topics that can lead to a thousand post thread, bannings, threats and just general toys out of the pram hysterical fits.

What are some of yours?

I assure you that I’m not making any of this up. I’ll provide links if needed.

Sailing
Anchor size and type
Refrigeration or icebox
Does mayonnaise need to be refrigerated?

Motorcycling
Nitrogen vs air in tires – how much does it help?
Antilock brakes – life saver or the work of the devil?
Fuel injection – same as antilock brakes
What’s the proper way to lean into a turn?
Who uses a centerstand?

European canal boating
Which is better, a pump out toilet or a cassette type?

Pizza
Conveyor ovens are crap and produce crap pizza

RV’ing
If I have one of the maps of the US on that back of my rig, do I get to fill in a state just because I’ve driven through it, or do I have to sleep there?

Someone walked through my site! They’re trespassing on my private property!

On the motorcycle forums it's helmets and oil.

Helmets either save lives or make you crash because your vision and hearing are impaired. And helmet laws are commi-fascist-nanny-big brother-ism, jack booted thugery. Or they're no big deal since you should be wearing one anyway. Just not a skull cap or flip-up. Hah! Those don't even count as helmets. DOT is worthless. Snell or it's a do-rag.

Oil. If you can get them to agree to mc oil, (haha. Real bikers use Rotella diesel oil) they'll fight to the death over conventional, semi or full synthetic. And that's before arguing brands. Castrol Act-Evo is best, by the way.

Oh, and loud pipes. They'll save your life more than any helmet.

Dog forums.

Never, ever tie your dog outside. It must be inside with its family.

You must have at least an acre of property, surrounded by 8' chain link. Not only does it keep the dog in the yard, it keeps wild animals and dogsnatchers out.

You are an evil puppy killer if you don't feed your dog EAC food. Organic raw food is best, but never forget the monthly dose of poisonous heart worm preventative.

Dog forums.

Never, ever tie your dog outside. It must be inside with its family.

You must have at least an acre of property, surrounded by 8' chain link. Not only does it keep the dog in the yard, it keeps wild animals and dogsnatchers out.

You are an evil puppy killer if you don't feed your dog EAC food. Organic raw food is best, but never forget the monthly dose of poisonous heart worm preventative.

Dog people are insane. They are convinced that everything on Earth will kill a dog in 3 seconds flat. Table scraps, landscaping, bed linens, children, other dogs, bugs, dust- you name it, it kills dogs. It's a wonder dogs have survived this long.

Oh man lets rant about dog people....I mean, you're ALREADY domesticating the damn thing you might as well treat it with some sort of species dignity...

Back