Your favorite extract kit

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

StophJS

Reaction score
I'm sure this thread has been done but I wanted to see what everyone considers their favorite extract kit. There's obviously a huge variety to choose from and several different distributors as well. What do you guys think? :tank::rockin:

So far (6 batches in) NB St Paul Porter has been my favorite. I think it will be my first "repeat" brew. This stuff is dee-lish!

Mw cream stout it was my first from mw and I made it like 4 times in the 2 years of extract and I have a loose adaptation for ag fermenting now

I've had the NB ESB bottled for a bit and it's the bomb...but I snuck a taste of the NB Caribou slobber I've got conditioning and it's amazing. I'd make both of the again for sure.

The morebeer Pliny recipe is a prettygood one to try, a little spendy but close to the original if you keep fermentation temps between 68-70... :mug:

acuenca said:
I've had the NB ESB bottled for a bit and it's the bomb...but I snuck a taste of the NB Caribou slobber I've got conditioning and it's amazing. I'd make both of the again for sure.

Northern brewers caribou slobber is absolutely amazing!!!

Coopers Pale Ale using bottle harvested Coopers Ale yeast.

My favorite extract kit so far has been "Kansas City Pale Ale" from brewcat.com. It's an LHBS in Olathe, KS. Boulevard Pale Ale clone kit. One of my best brews to-date!

I think mine is Coopers Irish Stout with 1 kg of coopers liquid malt. i brewed it for my Dad as he drinks stout (Guinness) religiously and I am a Lager drinker. However it was so nice I drank it all and am putting on another batch this weekend.

brewers best red ale. lost count of how many times we've brewed it.

i'd like to try the bb rye but afraid it'll be too hoppy for us.

for the most part the 20+ batches we've brewed have been from brewers best and haven't had a complaint with any of them.

Morebeer.com Brown Porter. It is a lot like Newcastle with a touch of coffee flavor. This one repeatedly brings in new fans who say they "don't like dark beer" (with one annoying exception but I don't think she likes any kind of beer)

BB Oatmeal Stout. When it was green it was pretty meh, but as it aged it became fantastic. I haven't brewed a ton of kits (at least without modification), but I really liked that one.

Northern Brewers surly bitter brewer partial mash kit with wlp007 instead of the wyeast option. Was my first pm and it turned out to be incredibly easy and delicious. It was one of the first times that I tasted what the kit description said I would. That beer was all marmalade citrus notes with a super clean dry finish. I could and did drink multiple pints of it over and over. I really need to rebrew it.

A friend of mine made an extract banana bread beer, which is my favorite extract brew so far. My favorite extract I brewed though is the northern brewer breakfast stout kit.

My favorite kit so far has been Midwest's Liberty Cream Ale with Wyeast Am. Ale# 1056, a very basic kit with steeping grains but at 6 weeks in the bottle this beer has been the most requested re-brew I've done so far

Brewer's Best Irish Red. SWMBO LOVES this beer so much, I took the recipe and converted it to all-grain and brew 10 gallons at a time. And only after 50+ gallons started shifting the recipe slightly just to change it up a tiny bit.

Back