Your drive to work

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alamo_Beer

Reaction score
What do you see? Anything cool?

I found this pic, basicly I drive from 71 to 59. Campus is about 68.

loop_mustangisland.gif

The road thats in the top left of this pic is the one I drive EVERY day

2mustang_island.jpg

Just for kicks here's a pic of campus. Graduate in May!! WOOHOO!

islandview.png

Campus is at 68 or 58?

I'm rarely any good at picking out what other people think is interesting. Care to offer any more hints. :confused:

Campus is at 68. I drive the 71, 64, 59 route. BTW, I've got no ideas what these numbers are supposed to mean.

I dunno, anything historical or important or just pretty? Whatever...

Drive? Work? On my walk to school, I sometimes have the pleasure of seeing (and climbing over) the famous and historic Halifax Citadel.
citadelaerial.jpg

You can't tell from the picture, but it's a very tall hill.

Hmmm....I guess I drive by some historical places:
--MLK National Historical Site (block from Ebenezer Baptist Church, MLK birthplace, tomb, etc.)
--Pass by the headquarters for Turner Broadcasting (TBS, TNT, etc.)
--The location of the original Waffle House (they are making it into a museum)
--The Coca Cola headquarters is not far from where I work
--The Jimmy Cater presidential library is not far off my route either

I guess that is about it.

I leave the bedroom around 7:45 and walk past...

The toilet where 100's of gallons of used homebrew have been flushed over the years.
Then i move past the brewery (kitchen), and further past the 25 gallons of beer currently fermenting.
30 secs after take off i arrive at my desk at 7:45:30.

If i ever miss my homebrew while at work, i will turn my head 120 deg. left and have a look at it doing its work in buckets and carboys, while do mine a t the computer.

Ahhh, aint life great

ps - would have included a picture of my view going to work, but you all know what fermenting beer look like.

I drive by Morristown, NJ every day where George Washington stayed during a crucial winter of the Revolutionary War.

njnear76 said:
I drive by Morristown, NJ every day where George Washington stayed during a crucial winter of the Revolutionary War.

I used to live in Motown. Where do you work, Parsippany?

Soulive said:
Oh yeah, little farther than Parsippany. That's a good 35 miles from Somerset...

Right now my commute is 40 miles. Yeah I want to move, but with this housing market.... Prices up north haven't dropped at all. Prices around Somerset have adjusted a little. I'm looking into Bridgewater/Raritan. At least it will cut off 10 miles.

I commute about 30 miles from the sprawling metropolis of Canton, TX down Hwy 19 to the cosmopolitan metroplex of Athens. :D

I see lots of cows, hay, and people hauling crap to and from our gi-normous flea market that happens every month.

I see...........farm................trees.................farm.................trees..................freeway.......................buildings.......................the office.

Radarbrew said:
Usually all kinds of wildlife, mostly moose. But lately it's been too damn cold to see anything but ice fog. -50 below is a terrible thing!:eek:

Where is Alaska? I lived in Wasilla long ago.

I ride my bike past Baltimore's main post office, city fuel depot, impound lot, city jail, state penitentiary, and Supermax.

None of it is particularly interesting though.

I casually sip my coffee looking out the train window at 20 miles of some of SoCal's most scenic beach line. Lots of times I see dolphins.

2205f1.jpg.21432.jpg

2261f1.jpg.92800.jpg

I drive exactly 30 miles to work through the rural areas of two counties. I see nice houses wooded areas, some deer, and the POS broke down trailers stuck in between the nice houses and wooded areas, with all their broke down cars and trash all over the place, my favorite is the boat with the tree groing out of it.

I also see all the a$$holes who feel like they need to do 90MPH on a two lane road that has so many twist, turns, and hills in it that there are only two passing zones in the whole 30 miles, but yet they feel the need to ride my bumper and pass me anyway in blind curves! Really irritates me off, i wish that there was another way to work that wasn't as bad, I can't wait for them to put the interstate through. All the people bitching about building new roads is really beginging to piss me off, but that is a rant for another thread.

Then I see the guard shack and show my ID, the last five miles is a pretty pleasant drive through the base, then I see the hell that is the building i work in.

I travel through a quaint old railroad town, up a large 'mountain' (if you want to call it that) with a beautiful view of the valley. I pass Beaver Stadium every morning. That's about it :D.

I used to have a gorgeus drive over the Mohawk Trail, roads that were winding through the mountains, next to rivers, some truly spectacular views. One area in particular always stuck me; near the peak of one of the mountains, on certain foggy mornings you could look down into the valley onto some other peaks, and the fog would be completely encircling this one other mountaintop so that it looked like an island floating in a cloud. Real gorgoeus, I wish I had pictures. I couldn't find much on Google to truly give this road justice. There's a lot of these windy back roads (and main roads), I really want to get a motorcycle at some point to really be able to enjoy them.

Radarbrew said:
North Pole, specifically Moose Creek. You wouldn't believe the change in Wasilla. It's a suburb of Anchortown and Palmer.

I was up there in July reminded me how much I miss it. Took the family to Denali and then back down to Kenia.

I have been to the North Pole.

Back