Your Best wine kit experience

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yellowthere

Reaction score
Short and sweet. What's the best wine that you got from a kit?

I've done one so far. The wine expert Symphony. It's been in the bottle for 5-6 weeks and it's pretty damn good, or at least my wife likes it. I'm hoping the mango/citrus/apricot will come out more after another 3 months or so.

Any other recommendations for dry white wines from kits?

We did a Wine Expert Oregon Pinot Gris that came out pretty good and I helped a friend with a Wine Expert Voignier that came out wonderfully

D

I did a Red Mountain Merlot which as I recall was a WineExpert kit (It may have been a Cellar Craft though). I did tweak it a bit with additional oak and other goodies. I aged it for over a year and entered it in a wine competition recently and received a Silver Medal for it.

It is a very good wine and unfortunetly will be all gone by years end the way SWMBO drinks :drunk: the stuff.

To be honest, most of the kits I have done over the years have finished well. I pay particular attention to details when making them, give them plenty of time to clear and age properly and make certain the bottles are well cleaned and sanitized. I also use quality corks and store my wine at consistant temperatures in our cellar.

Salute! :mug:

Back