Your Assignment, Should You Choose To Accept It...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KingBrianI

Reaction score
Is to have a couple drinks tonight. Just enough until you're feeling good, then play some music from your teenage years that makes you nostalgic. If you're young enough that music videos were playing in your teen years, watch music videos of those songs. Now ponder this statement, "Youth is wasted on the young".

I always liked that statement. I didn't appreciate what I went through in my youth until I was an adult.

I accept!
the Bosstones said:
drunks and children they tell the truth
that's just what I am, I'm drunken youth
and when I am drinkin' I don't know why
but I'm a happy, very happy, very happy guy
sometimes when when I'm playin'
I never watch what I'm sayin'
sometimes I lose my head
I lose my head and things get said
I never should have said
Lyric provided by http://www.sortmusic.com
sometimes I get housed
I get housed I get soused
and shoot off my mouth
and sometimes I can't get out
and I don't know what I'm talkin' about
you know i've made mistakes,
I've had my ups and downs
my ins and outs
my share of bad breaks
but when it's all
been said and done
I raise my beer and I swear
"God it's been fun!"

Been doing that very thing for the last couple of hours. Not sure whether to feel sad or happy.

Not sure whether to feel sad or happy.

That is exactly what prompted me to create this post. I was doing it and it's such a weird feeling. A mix of sadness and happiness. I guess that's what feeling nostalgic is like. It's a weird feeling.

What an intersting topic.

Nostalgia has always been one of the strongest emotions for me. It's an intense thing.

Youth might be wasted on the young...however our music is much better than those ten years older than us - and ten years younger than us...enjoy a song from MY formative years

Last edited by a moderator:
I swear, an old song can bring back so many things from my past. I can smell things I haven't smelled in years. I can have a fleeting glimpse of feelings I only felt for a short period of time. I can remind myself why I left that ***** before I killed her. LOL

I swear, an old song can bring back so many things from my past. I can smell things I haven't smelled in years. I can have a fleeting glimpse of feelings I only felt for a short period of time. I can remind myself why I left that ***** before I killed her. LOL

I wish this site was like facebook...just so I could hit like on what you said!

I was born in the early 80's, but I still enjoy and think of the "good old days" while listening too......The Cars Notice the sweet sport jacket!!

Now, for when I was a teenager in the late 90's...hmmmm let's throw out some old school Nelly....

I do still think though the 80's produced some of the best music to date. The **** we have now is mostly absolute worthless crap.

That is all....thank you.

Ok, this actually makes me feel young. This was the first song I thought of, and I loved this band and this song in High School:

I do still think though the 80's produced some of the best music to date. The **** we have now is mostly absolute worthless crap.

Sounds like I'm roughly the same age as you, but I feel the opposite is true...the 80's were worthless and things have significantly improved musically since. Of course the 60s were about as good as it gets...and everything after has been inferior.

Only music videos from when I was a kid was Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, late night. Right before the national anthem played.

Anyone remember the national anthem, then "this concludes our broadcast day", then (maybe) a color pattern, then snow till morning?

Sounds like I'm roughly the same age as you, but I feel the opposite is true...the 80's were worthless and things have significantly improved musically since. Of course the 60s were about as good as it gets...and everything after has been inferior.

Nonononono...what about Tom Petty???

Only music videos from when I was a kid was Don Kirshner's Rock Concert, late night. Right before the national anthem played.

Anyone remember the national anthem, then "this concludes our broadcast day", then (maybe) a color pattern, then snow till morning?

I actually do, but only because we didn't have cable in South Jersey before I moved to NY. So they were still doing that around '82-83.

I actually do, but only because we didn't have cable in South Jersey before I moved to NY. So they were still doing that around '82-83.

There were still stations doing that in the nineties... I used to fall asleep watching some crap on a local channel and wake up to static at 3 am.

I was born in the early 80's, but I still enjoy and think of the "good old days" while listening too......The Cars
Notice the sweet sport jacket!!

Mid to late nineties through early 2000s music was pretty devoid of uniqueness... There were a few one hitters but I don't reminisce about any band that really came of age during that period. There is some really good music coming out today, but you have to listen to alternative stations like kcrw to find it.

70's / 80's unleashed some great bands, and founded several incredible genres of music.

Oh and the Cars have a new album coming out.

I am there:

Kool and the Gang... Get down on it oh the memories I have cruising in my 1970 mustang with fine ass ladies.

-=Jason=-

Been getting back into the old 80's greats myself...a little Dokken, Krokus(just released a new album), Accept(ditto, kicks ass)...

great topic. You never appreciate your youth until it's gone. I've been looking at my son a lot lately with extreme jealousy and extreme pride at the same time. Jealous that he gets to live the life of a kid but proud that I get to make that time as great as possible for him. Ad of course beer always makes those emotions come out 10 fold. Which I am drinking now of course on a cold Saturday afternoon..in FREAKING APRIL!:mad:. Crap morning today with work related stuff thanks to being on call and cutting into my "down" time with the family.

Good evening everyone...it's time to rock out to some big hair bands... for those that like the UK and Ms. Tawny.

and...

That is all...thank you

My local rock station does what it calls a "90's Nooner" deal. Of course, its music from the 90s from 12 to 1. Awesome ****. Its just a shame that the other 23 hours of the day are filled with the absolute crap that passes as music today.

Today I heard the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Cranberries (admit it, you kind of like them) and my personal favorite....The Beastie Boys! Love it.

Speaking of the Beastie Boys, those guys are the ****. New CD coming out....almost 30 years after their first. 'Nuff said.

BBKing said:
My local rock station does what it calls a "90's Nooner" deal. Of course, its music from the 90s from 12 to 1. Awesome ****. Its just a shame that the other 23 hours of the day are filled with the absolute crap that passes as music today.

Today I heard the Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Cranberries (admit it, you kind of like them) and my personal favorite....The Beastie Boys! Love it.

Speaking of the Beastie Boys, those guys are the ****. New CD coming out....almost 30 years after their first. 'Nuff said.

Stp? Alice in chains? Nirvana? Soundgarden? Rock on!

My grunge pandora station is my station of choice on brew day

Back