you know you're a homebrewer when...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Or since you just started brewing you have a limited supply of beer on hand, so you start avoiding your friends because they seem to care more about your beer than you.

When you go to your buddies to watch the Super bowl he says i have 2 cases of Coors dont bring beer and you walk in with a case of your Homebrew! and They say WTF?

or the reverse, when your buddy who always brings 2 casses of miller light stops bringing ANY beer and instead walks in, past you, without saying hi, donw the stairs, into your frige, cracks, pours, and drinks half a bottle of home brew then looks up in surprise and says : Oh I didn't see you, what do you have to eat?

These all happened to me, recently:

When someone is talking about buying food in bulk and the conversation goes something like this:
Other guy: "I got a great deal on chicken, and have over 50lbs in my chest freezer"
Homebrewer: "I got a chest freezer"
Other guy: "Oh yea, what you got in it?"
Homebrewer: "Beer"
Other guy: "........."
Homebrewer: "I turned it into a fridge"

---------------------------------------------

When SWMBO goes to the store and asks if you want something, you respond:
"A gallon of apple juice, make sure it has no preservatives and comes in a glass bottle"

You get a gift card to a spice store and the first thing you check is if they have coriander (or other brewing spices).

When someone brings some Sam Adams (or other re-cappable beer) to a party you're at, you put a note up saying to rinse and save the bottles.

When you snap awake at 3am and exclaim, "1/4# of chocolate malt, thats what it needs." after spending a week trying to figure out what your latest recipe is missing!

They know you by first name at Home Despot, but also know better than to ask you any questions about the project you are currently working on and you walk around mumbling things like "low density not high density water elements" and "I wonder if this would work like that thing Yuri did..."

When your 6 year old daughter asks when she can go to the build a beer workshop and not the build a bear.

On that note! Got my first convert today. I gave him allmy mr beer stuff, i moved on to Brewers best kits and nowon to all grain! Woooooooha! Hillbilly deluxe!
It is a good thing when you can save someone from drinking swill. I feel like celebrating...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9j9aLpU_hNM&feature=related]YouTube - shake shake shake senora harry belafonte[/ame]

you know you're a home brewer when...

..."i think taking a new job in texas is a great idea, its only an hour away from austin homebrew supply."

and

..."i think its a great idea to go visit your mom in austin, i need to make a grain and hops run."

When you get an invitation to a party 3 months in advance so you have time to brew the beers and you damn well better not forget to bring this.

Rolling_Kegger9999.jpg

Rolling_Kegger99991.jpg

Christ, you know that you are a homebrewer when you have to go home from work sick, but still contemplate brewing. (Between trips to the bathroom)
-Me

You know you are a homebrewer when...

You contemplate taking a sick day to visit the LHBS or a new one further away.

You Take a Sick Leave day... just to brew that new recipe.

You make excuses to leave work early so you can get home sooner so that you can take your recordings and look at your beer bubbling.

You make excuses to have just one more beer from your HB tap.

You no longer worry if they will like your beer... but worry if they will leave you any remaining when they leave....

You Have a Buddie over to brew a Batch and end up having to drive him home cause he was hammered from drinkin your Hombrew!

( This Happened last night) He didnt think i would post it!:p

When you dream about Beer and wake up in the middle of the night thinking about a beer recipe.

( I think I need a break) :)

You have used most of the items in the house in your brew process at one time or another subsituting for that piece of equipment that you will buy NEXT time you go to the LHBS, but then you buy ingredients instead, because really that system with the hairdryer, the pasta strainer and the coffee maker worked fine....

When you go to a restaurant, they have BMC and maybe a Sam selection, and you say, "no thanks, I'll take a coke."

you think about what coke would taste like if fermented....

and Mountain Dew.

And try to design a beer like Dr. Pepper.

When you've got 20 gallons in various stages of fermentation in your living room, and you've never tasted any HB that didn't come from a wine thief.

When you've always wanted to try mead, but instead of just buying some, you brew it yourself.

Back