You know you're a home brewer when?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

biochemedic

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
I support my LHBS with the purchase of specialty grains but buy everything else in bulk or online. I usually choose my vendor by the selection and price, so if one has everything but is a bit more expensive I'll still bite. Shipping can be a huge factor too!

back on topic...

When wifey gives the toddler on daddy's birthday a shirt that says "Homebrewed"
Where can you get one of these!?

baltaperales

Reaction score
When you wake up in the middle of the night because you have been dreaming of all the different types of hops that you can use for your next brew.

divrguy

Reaction score
postalroger said:
When you have 2-3 cases of commercial beers but prefer your homebrew to them.
And you can't stop saying (when you're drinking your own homebrew) this is the best frigging beer I've ever had!

Craigmn

Reaction score
TangoHotel said:
You got robbed? Was the beer okay?
Yeah. I know who did it. All he did was steal my laptop and about 100 bucks. I'm really Only mad about losing pictures of my sons birth. God and the police will sort him out because I can't risk "dealing with it myself"

Cathedral

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
...when you have the first nine digits of your ups tracking numbers memorized because you do so many trades... or you can tell what is coming from whom and where just by the numbers...

TAK

Reaction score
When you spend 4 hours moving a couple used fridges from house to house, just so you can put the oldest reject fridge into you're basement, where you already have another fridge.

zzARzz

Reaction score
When you get irritated with your non-brewing friends because they don't rinse out your empties, no matter how many times you've asked nicely. What am I, their mother?!

TangoHotel

Reaction score
When SWMBO uses the 'you can spend 5 hours doing _______ for your beer, but you can't was out the wok/take out the garbage/fold some laundry/(add additional extraneous jobs here )'

That really grinds my gears. Especially when it's HER hefe, and I don't drink wheat beers...

larrydcarter

Reaction score
Yeah I called SWMBO on that one one time. She got mad at me for spending to much time on the beer and then hours later asked me to make my black cherry ale (her favorite) again some time soon.

baltaperales

Reaction score
grasshopperfirestarter said:
I just opened my fermentation chamber to smell inside and my 2 1/2 year old daughter asked, Daddy are you making beer?!
My four year old Son asked me once, Dad, when I get older, can I make beer also? My response, of course you can, we'll do it together.

larrydcarter

Reaction score
grasshopperfirestarter said:
I just opened my fermentation chamber to smell inside and my 2 1/2 year old daughter asked, Daddy are you making beer?!
I've had this same thing with my 2 1/2 year old son.

badlee

Reaction score
My 4 year old proudly tells anyone who will listen, that dad does not drink beer, he only drinks homebrew!

oc_brewing

Reaction score
My 4 year old proudly tells anyone who will listen, that dad does not drink beer, he only drinks homebrew!
That's funny. Last year at parent/teacher conferences my daughter's teacher told me when asked what thier parents hobbies were, she said "my dad likes drinking beer and eating pizza". I was proud and embarrassed at the same time. I had to explain that my hobby goes much deeper than just drinking beer...:) We all had a good laugh.

cluckk

Reaction score
A while back I posted that while I was brewing the Google Earth car came by to photo our neighborhood (which is fairly new). My first thought was "You know you're a homebrewer when the Google maps street view of your house shows you in the garage brewing." I figured it would take a while to post, so I didn't check for a while. Today I looked and there I was standing in the garage. So I am now officially immortalized as a homebrewer. You can't see what I'm doing, but only see me standing there in the door way, but I know what I was doing and that is all that matters.

MaddBaggins

cervisiam vitae
Reaction score
cluckk said:
A while back I posted that while I was brewing the Google Earth car came by to photo our neighborhood (which is fairly new). My first thought was "You know you're a homebrewer when the Google maps street view of your house shows you in the garage brewing." I figured it would take a while to post, so I didn't check for a while. Today I looked and there I was standing in the garage. So I am now officially immortalized as a homebrewer. You can't see what I'm doing, but only see me standing there in the door way, but I know what I was doing and that is all that matters.
That's freakin awesome!!

WesleyS

Banned
Reaction score
cluckk said:
That's awesome. Too bad you weren't brewing in your driveway.

TangoHotel

Reaction score
That's awesome!

Next time, do this!
http://www.kastawayswimwear.com/Blo...ers-chase-down-google-earth-van/googlescuba2/

ChuckO

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Funny, I googled "Guy in garage doorway brewing beer" and your address didn't pop up. I guess that even though they have Google Earth updated they haven't updated their search engine.

Look out for when they get that specific.

russrob81

Reaction score
ChuckO said:
Funny, I googled "Guy in garage doorway brewing beer" and your address didn't pop up. I guess that even though they have Google Earth updated they haven't updated their search engine.

Look out for when they get that specific.
That's gubment level google that'll do that

TrustyOlJohnson

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I think to myself " I'm glad Ive got 4 cases of bottled beer cellaring with 11 gallons to be bottled tomorrow, but what I really want is more variety. I need to get brewing!!"

bigskygreg

Reaction score
cluckk said:
Love it! And am so jealous 😃

Schmoogdaddy

Reaction score
You go to a baseball game and though a beer sounds nice you decide against an $8 BMC Lite. You get home and have one of your just fully carbed Citra pale ales and know you did the right thing.