You know you live in Arizona

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LaurieGator

Reaction score
when you get a Severe Weather Alert...

The severe weather? We are getting some rain this weekend... Not flooding, just normal rain....

From the weather bureau:
FINALLY...IT HAS BEEN SOME TIME SINCE WIDESPREAD RAINFALL HAS AFFECTED
THE AREA. THEREFORE...MOTORISTS WHO PLAN ON TRAVELING THIS WEEKEND
SHOULD BE PREPARED FOR THE POSSIBILITY OF OIL-SLICKED...WET ROADWAYS.

STAY UP-TO-DATE ON THE LATEST FORECASTS BY LISTENING TO WEATHER
RADIO ON THE PUBLIC SERVICE BAND. MORE DETAILED INFORMATION IS
AVAILABLE FROM THE NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE IN PHOENIX ON THE
INTERNET AT

WEATHER.GOV/PHOENIX

so true - so true! The "weather alerts" in Phoenix always cracked me up -- "Let's go to our reporter out in the field - as you can see, the rain is coming down"

"That ain't rain!", says the guy who used to live in in a rain forest for most of his life. (Coastal BC, Vancouver Island)

Now I live in a place that is hot as hell and dry as fruck in the summer and cold and often snowy in the winter.

I always laugh at the people that use umbrella's in the light sprinkle we get on occasion here.

BTW, I think people that use umbrellas should have to take a course and be licenced. I've almost had my eyes gouged out by short females erratic use of wayward umbrellas!

Rain? Oh yea, that thing we get 11 months out of the year. I hate how forecasters are insanely happy at any weather we have. "oh it's going to rain tomorrow! Great!" "We're going to be having some sun breaks tomorrow oh boy!"

Rain? Oh yea, that thing we get 11 months out of the year. I hate how forecasters are insanely happy at any weather we have. "oh it's going to rain tomorrow! Great!" "We're going to be having some sun breaks tomorrow oh boy!"

Luckily the rain puts the sun in perspective!

OP - Tucson isn't much better. I remember seeing some odd clouds on TV. They interrupted the programming to show the picture and tell everyone that the police had already been informed that there were funny clouds and people did not need to call about the funny clouds. And they definitely were not invading space aliens.

ROTFLMAO on the funny clouds. Reminds me of some of the weird news back in Albuquerky...

Here is one of the Haboobs we had come out around our place last year

3425367746_8b293cf3c1.jpg

3425367308_1e59739db3.jpg

3425367438_848682c552.jpg

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave! Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

One of my buddy recently moved to Detroit for a 4 year business contract, we where having this conversation over the phone the other day and he told me he was so amused to see some kind of a weather alert on TV warning people like it was the apocalypse about snow! ...turns out there was about 2 inches of snow coming down that day and people were all freaked out about it...

You know you live in Quebec when you find that funny, when it snows around here, The reports on TV dont tell how many inches will fall, they tell how many feet are expected with a bored look on their faces... :)

I remember Haboobs. One trip up to Phoenix for a concert there was a Haboob headed north, looking like a billion ton slug. Hit Phoenix in the middle of the concert and most of the city lost power.

I really enjoy the summer storms though in phoenix, I can not wait until I finish up school so I can get back down there.

I love when you can see the whole storm just rolling into town, especially when they show it from a news heli from up top

ahhh the monsoons and the encroaching haboobs. you know lauriegator, i really do think most of the damn haboobs originate in maricopa. my pool is a friggin disaster anytime theres a 30% chance of rain in the forecast for phoenix. it starts in maricopa, makes a mess, then fizzles before it gets to phoenix. welcome to the real dust bowl.

Back