You are the dorkiest person I know ....

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
.. That's what she said when she saw me with 3 Doppelbock filled glasses in front of me, sampling and taking notes. Oh, how much I love her for these comments :).

I guess the fact that I just finished 12oz of Imperator (mine), Optimator (Spaten) and Celebrator (Ayinger) Doppelbocks (I couldn't find Paulaner Salvator though) qualifies me for a post in this category. :ban:

Imperator was my first "pretty much" AG batch (I had to add 4lb of LME to hit the SG though) and I have to say it was the first batch I think is very authentic and it does compre well to the commercial examples. A bit sweeter then the others (I may increase the bitterness next time) but definately to style :rockin: .

Doppelbocks are just such a great style. "Liquid bread" describes them the best. Can you imagine drinking them by the Mass (Liter) in Bavaria. There are some places that serve them like this.

Kai

homebrewer_99 said:
Ja, und ist es echte Scheiß oder schlecht?:confused:

No it's actually good. This was just a drinking chant that we used in college. Not to be taken litterally at all. ;)

Kai

"You are the dorkiest person I know." I hear that line practically everyday from both my wife and my students! If middle school kids call you a dork, it must be true.

No, the dorkiest person in the world is a friend of mine. I loaned him my B110 once and he jammed the ignition. I spent two hours taking things apart and getting the key out. He immediately put the key in and jammed it again! He wanted to test his theory as to why it jammed the first time!

david_42 said:
No, the dorkiest person in the world is a friend of mine. I loaned him my B110 once and he jammed the ignition. I spent two hours taking things apart and getting the key out. He immediately put the key in and jammed it again! He wanted to test his theory as to why it jammed the first time!

Where is he buried?

Back