Yooper, keep the chill!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david_42

Reaction score
Frost three days last week, but it finally broke 65F Sunday and I had three warm sunny days. The hops decided that well, maybe they could come up this year.

42F at 2 p.m. and freezing rain predicted for tonight.

So, Yooper, talk to those crazy Canadians and keep the chiller over there.

I know, it's not 30" of fresh snow, but think of the hops. We don't want a repeat of 2007.

Frost three days last week, but it finally broke 65F Sunday and I had three warm sunny days. The hops decided that well, maybe they could come up this year.

42F at 2 p.m. and freezing rain predicted for tonight.

So, Yooper, talk to those crazy Canadians and keep the chiller over there.

I know, it's not 30" of fresh snow, but think of the hops. We don't want a repeat of 2007.

Despite the cool weather, mine have been doing great. Still, WTF is up with this spring?

Wow, that website is just full of horrible science and paranoid rantings. The power company I work at couldn't generate 1.7 gigawatts of electricity without cutting the power to most of the subscribers. According to their website it only generates 3.6 million watts. Just.... wow.

Thoughts and prayers sent in the general direction of NW hop country.

C'mon sunshine. :D

Absolutely!

We're getting warm weather today, and most of the snow should melt. But it's supposed to get cold tomorrow and stay cold. My hops just poked their little heads out last weekend, and then got buried in snow and now they'll be sujected to the coming cold. I sure hope that they are as tough as everyone says they are!

Froze here last night, but about 10F warmer inland. The Columbus shoot looks bad, but that's a new rhizome. Looks like this might be the year of Mt Hood.

Maybe I'll take the ferry over to Blooms and Brews tomorrow, and check out the hop farms in between.

Back