Yooper is Famous

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If they decide to use your picture, get them to use the one with the whip.

Oh, that's really funny.

No, really, it is. I laughed. :D

No, it's really not... Here's the lake last weekend! ImageUploadedByHome Brew1400555524.445893.jpg

No ice today, I swear! Even as far as the eye could see, Lake Superior is iceless, as is our small inland lake.

Not only that, but I heard that Lake Superior is a balmy 36 degrees near the shore! It's practically time for swimmin' and bathin' doncha know?

No ice today, I swear! Even as far as the eye could see, Lake Superior is iceless, as is our small inland lake.

Not only that, but I heard that Lake Superior is a balmy 36 degrees near the shore! It's practically time for swimmin' and bathin' doncha know?

Man I miss our summer trips up there when I was a kid. My whole family is from up that way and my parents moved out cause my dad joined the Navy. Used to spend many summers swimming in Lake Superior at Shelter Bay and Deer Lake. I swear that water never gets above 40 lol

Yah you betcha! Wish that were the case here... We will probably have ice in the bay for at least a few more weeks. Not that it'll keep the Finlanders away-- it's perfectly fine to them.

Yah you betcha! Wish that were the case here... We will probably have ice in the bay for at least a few more weeks. Not that it'll keep the Finlanders away-- it's perfectly fine to them.

Ja, after sauna it probably feels refreshing. Those Finlanders are nuts, though.

We are going to put our boat in the water tomorrow, since the ice is all gone.

OK, I'm officially jealous now. Hunting, fishing, brewing, new Jeep. I wanna be Yooper! :)

You have to get a new wardrobe. You also need to learn a new language, eh?

Here is some help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yooper_dialect

I just remembered something interesting about the way some of the old timers speak. They leave out some words (possibly Finish in origin?) so that "We are going to Green Bay" 'translates' from them as "We go Green Bay".

Are you implying "our" Yooper isn't famous?!

I work too much, brew and drink too much beer, and spend too much time on HBT.

I figured anyone worth knowing must know Yooper. She's famous for that jelly wine, too, you know.

You have to get a new wardrobe. You also need to learn a new language, eh?

Here is some help:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yooper_dialect

I just remembered something interesting about the way some of the old timers speak. They leave out some words (possibly Finish in origin?) so that "We are going to Green Bay" 'translates' from them as "We go Green Bay".

LOL!!

My Dad's side of the family is from Minnie-So-Tah - so I've heard some weird talk in my day too. Wouldn't take me very long to get into it - accents and speech patterns stick to me like velcro. When we go to see KOTC's relatives in Arkansas, give me two hours and I sound just like them!

Suddenly my little piece of desert doesn't look so bad.... at least it's ice-free.

The one and only time I stayed in the UP (so far) I stayed near Blind sucker flooding. My dad used to camp there every year as a kid and we went back for my grandparents 50th aniv about 5 years(roughly) back. Its amazing up there. I really want to go back

The one and only time I stayed in the UP (so far) I stayed near Blind sucker flooding. My dad used to camp there every year as a kid and we went back for my grandparents 50th aniv about 5 years(roughly) back. Its amazing up there. I really want to go back

UP in the summer = awesome.

UP in the winter = not for me.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

UP in the summer = awesome.

UP in the winter = not for me.

Sent from here, because that's where I am.

I agree! The summers are wonderful. Yesterday it was about 78 degrees, and we went fishing on the pontoon boat and sat outside and fished some more from the dock. It is awesome.

Here's me leaving for the lake yesterday:
Lorena_Jeep.jpg

There!, There it is. In all it's glory too! A picture of the Yooper. Is she really a blond, or does her hairdresser only know the truth? Does anybody have the software to crop just her picture, so we can make "Here's..... Yooper" shirts for the next sanctioned brewing contest? I'm just sayin'.

There!, There it is. In all it's glory too! A picture of the Yooper. Is she really a blond, or does her hairdresser only know the truth? Does anybody have the software to crop just her picture, so we can make "Here's..... Yooper" shirts for the next sanctioned brewing contest? I'm just sayin'.

Not blonde, more like gray and brown. :D In the sun, I guess gray reflects light.

Back