Yet another PID question.

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crabbit

Reaction score
I am building a controller that will have two SSR(s) that control two different devices (heating element/heating element or heating element /cooling. I have a TA4-SSR (not -SNR or -RNR). My question is can I connect SSR(s) to either AL1 or AL2 do I need to provide dc power to pins 5 or 6? The settings seem to suggest that the AL1/2 circuits are more than just relays as they have all the same settings as OUT1. Also, can I control two 25A SSR(s) off of OUT1 by connecting them in parallel ?

Cheers!

s-l640.jpg

I am building a controller that will have two SSR(s) that control two different devices (heating element/heating element or heating element /cooling. I have a TA4-SSR (not -SNR or -RNR). My question is can I connect SSR(s) to either AL1 or AL2 do I need to provide dc power to pins 5 or 6? The settings seem to suggest that the AL1/2 circuits are more than just relays as they have all the same settings as OUT1. Also, can I control two 25A SSR(s) off of OUT1 by connecting them in parallel ?

Cheers!

s-l640.jpg
Alarm terminals are just single pole switches so if they are to trigger SSR, you need to run a DC into one terminal then continue on to the SSR trigger input. However, the alarms are physical relays so dont expect rapid switching and long life span.

Alarm terminals are just single pole switches so if they are to trigger SSR, you need to run a DC into one terminal then continue on to the SSR trigger input. However, the alarms are physical relays so dont expect rapid switching and long life span.
His SSR controller works different.
According to the Mypin manual the SSR alarm out supplies 24VDC +/- 2V

Cheers!
Here's the product code Rosetta Stone for the TA series PID:

upload_2019-5-12_10-48-36.png

So, for a TA4-SSR: 'OUT1' is DC voltage output to directly drive an SSR, 'AL1' is a simple SPST relay contact that supplies no voltage on its own, and 'OUT2/AL2' is DC voltage output to directly drive an SSR.

Yes, you can drive two SSR's in parallel with a single PID voltage output.

Brew on :mug:

I see it now, I was looking at the td series manual. Mine is ta4-ssr so only OUR1 and AL2 supply DC power and AL1 is relay.
Just to make things clear the complete model number is important because they make both Ta4 and TD4 pids with single or dual alarms or multiple relay outputs... thats denoted in the second part of the pid model number.. for example the TD4-snr has one ssr output and one relay output.. the TD4 SRR has one ssr output and 2 alarm outputs... I own and have used multiple versions of both the TA series and TD series mypin pids. the only difference between a ta and td series pid is the td has the manual duty cycle output mode desired for controlling a steady boil. otherwise you can get either one in the configuration your after.

Back