Yet another "First AG" thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

timdsmith72

Reaction score
Yep. After 7 years of making what I consider very good extract brews, I'm taking the plunge today. This will be my first AG batch! I'm keeping it simple. Brewing up a batch of Edwort's Haus Ale.
I have my checklist printed out and ready to go and I'm off to the LHBS to get my grains! Wish me luck! :mug:

Good luck Tim. I'll be doing my first AG batch next weekend when I get home. I'm thinking about going with a pale ale for my first batch.

Had a check on CNN and no emergency alerts due to an unknown explosion in your area have seen. :D

Be sure to post some pics here around! Happy brewing time

gm

Well, I hit my mash temp. Right at 152. I aimed about 3 degrees high and just stirred the crap out of it till it hit 152.

ForumRunner_20120211_150933.jpg

Wrapped my mash tun in a blanket and it lost at most half a degree. If that. Pretty happy about that!!

Its hard to see, but my assistant is helping me keep an eye on the pot as it gets close to a boil.

ForumRunner_20120211_165153.jpg

Back