Yet Another Attempt to Screw with Florida Craft Brewers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. That's not even a thinly veiled attack. Complete bull****. I'd be pissed if I lived in Florida.

This is probably just the beginning. Hopefully it falls flat in Florida. Otherwise...

Got this message from the Florida Brewers Guild on FB. I had asked if there was a legal fund where donations could be made .. understanding of course that the small businesses were going to be outgunned by the fat cats and their paid politicians.

David, we are working to establish a crowd funding campaign to raise money for legal fees. Stay tuned. Thanks!

Typical behavior of incumbent businesses trying to use courts and politics to protect themselves from newcomers. Same old same old. Just as disgusting now as it has always been. Business people don't really believe in free markets and competition.

Brew on :mug:

It appears that there may be an effort as well to pressure members of both the Beer Industry of Florida and the Florida Independent Spirits Association -- including a boycott. I would vigorously join in as a fairly regular Florida tourist. One of the sad things is that the beer industry folks include Stone, Anchor, Sam Adams, Summit, Sierra Nevada and other independent brewers. Arrogant Bastards

Check out this Steaming Pile from the Beer Industry of Florida ... the folks that distribute BMC but also Stone, Sierra Nevada, Sam Adams, Summit, Brooklyn and other 'craft' beers. These are the folks that want to shut down tap rooms and limit growlers to one size only .. so they say "cheers to growlers" ....

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZYUmsAhhqGc[/ame]

Yep, it's a bunch of male bovine excrement. All they care about is maintaining their ability to control distribution and get "their" cut of all beer sales. Protectionism all the way.

Brew on :mug:

Back