Yesterday's hobbies-

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Spent the day on my wife's hobby - baking! I made 2 cookie doughs the night before while se was at work. A Rosemary Pine Nut dough and a simple Sugar Cookie dough. We took them 2 hours down the road to her parents house to make all of the cookies for their annual cookie swap. We ended up making Poppy Seed Bread, our 2 doughs, benne seed wafers, chocolate mint cookies, another slightly different sugar cookie, and sands.

For lunch we ate 4 types of salami made by a local chef, sliced french bread, and a fresh Cows Milk cheese. Dinner was hot fresh sausages on the grill, and a hearty lintel soup.

We finished decoratig the sugar cookies and dipping the chocolate mint after dinner.

I think ever since I gave up online gaming (two years of world of warcraft... so much fun, but not compatible with SWMBO or real life anymore, too much time investment) I've been much more addicted to hobbies. I love the beer making, bread making, coffee roasting, salsa making, hummus making, and pretty much always looking for a way to make things from scratch.

haha, I don't even drink coffee but want to start roasting it. I really do have a problem with hobbies.

Okay! I don't care how ugly it is, so long as it smells good and suds up nice!

As for my end of the bargain, here's a few shots I made yesterday. See if any are to your liking:

IMG_2627.JPG

For that holiday spirit

IMG_2636.JPG

IMG_26391.JPG

IMG_26631.JPG

The last one is my fav.

If none of these are to your liking, feel free to peruse my gallery and see if anything appeals.

Those are beautiful! Wow- they are all great.

This batch of soap seems a bit too soft. I wanted to superfat it a bit, but I must have miscalculated a bit. It smells nice, and I hope it hardens a bit when it cures. The goat's milk soap is unscented and doesn't lather much, but it's a very mild soap.

Back