Yellowing hop leaves

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fusa

Reaction score
I have notices some leaves at the bottom of my vines are turning yellow. What is the cause of this?

leavesu.jpg

I've never grew hops but I have had a garden and when Its dry and hot and I keep forgetting to water the plants the leaves get kinda orangish to yellow.

That might be the problem, they are in planters. I usually try to give them 1/2 gallon of water every two days, but might forget sometimes. Is this an average amount to add? or should I use more. The temperature here has been in the 80's, today it reached 90F.

I would check the back of the leaves for little black spots that move and what looks like little webs. If so it's spider mites. I get them every year if I don't keep up with seven spray.

Yellowing leaves can mean you need to get the nitrogen level up. Mine did the samething last year. Fertilize and it will be fine.

Back