yeast ?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

clemson55

Reaction score
I have some WLP 001 and some 099 coming tomorrow. I would like to brew my IPA tomorrow or Tue. I am going to use the 001 for the IPA and then save the 099 for a barleywine in a few weeks or so. The question is what do I need to do to get the best results with the 001 for mon/tue can I just pitch it straight in or what? Second question is what should I do to store the 099?
Thanks

Store your vial in the refridgerator, it should be good for a couple of months. As for the WLP001, make a big starter for it, something along the lines of 2qt.

If I get the yeast on Mon afternoon and want to brew Mon evening how do I have time to make a starter? Even with a Tue brew date that only gives it maybe 24 hrs.

8-12 hours should be good, so you can make a starter and brew on the same day. If you can allow the starter to ferment for 12 hours it would be ready.

Back