Yeast sediment in your microbrew...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jblaven

Reaction score
How many of your microbrews have you come across that have yeast sediment in the bottle? It's not an issue for me, just interesting when I saw it in the Loose Cannon Hop3. They even mention it on the side of the bottle.

With the exception of Belgians, these are truthfully in the minority compared to the total volume of craft beer produced. Many breweries sterile filter out the primary yeast strain and carbonate in-line on the way to packaging.

Actually I disagree with Jason that the majority of craft beers have the primary yeast strain removed....

This list, though not up the date is quite an extensive list of "sedimenty" beer with living yeast, that many of us harvest. An it doesn't have any of the more recent craftbreweries listed in it.

Yeasts from Bottle Conditioned Beers

Actually where Beligians are concerned it's more than likely that those beers have had the fermentation strain removed and a different strain put it for bottle conditioning.

Loose cannon rocks by the way.:mug:

Actually I disagree with Jason that the majority of craft beers have the primary yeast strain removed....

Actually where Beligians are concerned it's more than likely that those beers have had the fermentation strain removed and a different strain put it for bottle conditioning.

Primary strain or not, I still contend that bottle-conditioned craft beer is less common than we think.

Back