Yeast question due to lack of bubbling

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jstar

Reaction score
wondering if anyone can help me, I am in the middle of brewing a batch of british bitter, when I pitched the yeast (1 week ago), I kind of knew in the back of my mind it might have been too hot, so there was no bubbling all week, I guess I kept thinking maybe it was fermenting but slow leaking out of the bucket top, so anyway today I checked, and am almost 100 percent sure it never fermented (my hydrometer is broken), but no sign of foam, and tastes extremely watery, I have brewed this before and now this is not how it should taste....so here is what I did, I had another packet of windsor yeast so I went ahead and pitched it, but is there really any chance I can save this seeing that it sat for a week before the second pitch? or should I cut my losses and dump it?...note: there were no "off" flavors indicating infection, just a lack of a strong beer taste.....anyway let me know if I am on the right track or if I should give up now.....Thanks ahead of time!

Don't dump it.

As long as your cleanliness and sanitation were good, you don't have much to worry about. Pitch the Windsor and see what happens. What do you have to lose?

If you dump it you have already lost.

thanks, yeah I pitched the yeast, Ill see how it goes...Ill post next week if it seems to work out

Back