Yeast or infection?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shkdwn

Reaction score
42D7F979-E528-4629-B8EB-A5CB5AF73265.jpeg
i have this cider I am brewing, it’s peaches I juiced from my trees, I also added pectin enzyme to clear it a little and it’s 1 gallon it’s been sitting for 1 week and I am seeing this. Still smells good I am wondering if I should be worried. Thanks in advance
6D81F57D-915E-49C6-8AA0-2B02C78362E5.jpeg

By "the white" are you referring to what's gathering at the bottom?
I don't do ciders but I don't see anything in those pics that looks worrisome.
How does it smell?

Cheers!

By "the white" are you referring to what's gathering at the bottom?
I don't do ciders but I don't see anything in those pics that looks worrisome.
How does it smell?

Cheers!
Yes that’s what I’m referring to, it smell like a dry cider. Thank you!

Fruit is covered with wild microbes. Unless you pasteurized the juice with heat or UV, there's plenty of wild microbes in there.

If "the white" is the collected mass at the bottom of the fermentor, it's likely yeast - very unlikely to be a contaminant sitting down there.
Things to be worried about generally make their presence known at the top of the fermentation (though, to be sure, such bugs are usually all through the batch)...

Cheers!

Th
If "the white" is the collected mass at the bottom of the fermentor, it's likely yeast - very unlikely to be a contaminant sitting down there.
Things to be worried about generally make their presence known at the top of the fermentation (though, to be sure, such bugs are usually all through the batch)...

Cheers!
Thank you!

Back