Yeast banking kits

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PintOfBitter

Reaction score
A while ago, after reading a great post on freezing yeast, I decided to get the necessary supplies to start culturing and banking yeast strains. While shopping for the items, I noticed that there were deep discounts for ordering in quantity, so I figured "hey I can get it way cheaper this way, and make a profit by eBay-ing the rest of the kits!"

Great idea, but there apparently aren't many would-be yeast bankers on ebay.

I have 4 kits left, all boxed up and ready to ship, but have had two auctions in a row close with no buyers.

At this point, I just want to get the boxes out of my bedroom, so I'll give them up to you guys at a stupid low price.

Each kit contains:

• 1x 1000ml Erlenmeyer Flask
  • 1x Autoclavable Breathable Foam Stopper
  • 1x 500ml Graduated Beaker
  • 1x 10ml Graduated Pipette
  • 1x 3-valve Pipette Filler Bulb
  • 10x 16ml Sample Vial with Autoclavable Cap
Everything is borosilicate (Pyrex) and brand new.

Each is $30 + shipping USPS priority mail from ZIP code 67037. This is $2 above my costs.

Ummm, 1st? Do you have paypal?

I'm having trouble finding the liquid to put in for freezing. How much to include a bottle of that?

slimer said:
Ummm, 1st? Do you have paypal?

I'm having trouble finding the liquid to put in for freezing. How much to include a bottle of that?

I found glycerin @ RiteAid & my grocery store.

No RiteAid in IL. CVS, Walgreens and all the grocery stores don't have it.

BTW-I lost my stirbars, can you include those in a kit for a little more?

Just finished my stirplate on Tuesday and want to get started.

Yes, I do paypal. I don't think I'm set up for credit cards anymore, though... they skim a % off your account.

I believe I found Glycerol (glycerine, glycerin) in the Wal-Mart pharmacy section. If there's really no source for it, I might consider including it, but I'd have to tear open the box to repack it. (Me and the wifey had a packfest one night and packed all the kits at once.)

Sorry, I don't have stirbars.

I've got an immersion chiller, homemade, and I only used 20 ft. of tubing. If you've got something better, I'll consider.

I'd be especially interested in a stirplate (homemade) that works well, as I'm too lazy to build a proper one, and the one I did build is very lousy. CPU case fans don't seem to like axial loads placed on them due to the magnetic attraction.

If you're interested, PM me an address, I'll reply with a total price and paypal account info. I'll ship when I receive the payment notification.

Once I see the kit, I'll look at a project box that I have at home and a fan. I'll see what I can do about making one for you.

Steve

One kit left now. Will be gone over the weekend, but it can ship out next week.

Back