Years of homebrewing leads to this!?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is crazy. If I were chronically drunk I'm not sure I'd be pleased.

Hmmm I think it would take a while to ferment something like a bagel, right? wouldn't the acids kill off the yeast? Crazy if it's true! lol

I'm always looking for ways to save money.... 10 cents worth of carbohydrates and I've got a good buzz... now that's a deal.

I would just be apprehensive about being on the road when it started kicking in

Hmmm I think it would take a while to ferment something like a bagel, right? wouldn't the acids kill off the yeast? Crazy if it's true! lol

It's entirely possible that the sugars could be fermented as it passed by a healthy and large enough amount of yeast. Also, if you ingest alcohol straight into your intestines it takes considerably less to get you to the same point compared to drinking. It wouldn't take very much to breach the legal limit.

I too wonder about the acids though.

Remember, beer itself is somewhat acid, and the article seems to be referring to the small intestine, where the stomach acid has been somewhat neutralized, when it talks about "the gut." The temperature is right, and saliva and stomach acid will go a long way towards breaking starches down into simple sugars, so, heck, especially after a run of antibiotics wiping out the usual gut flora, why not?

Dude should just be glad he doesn't mess around with farmhouse ales or sours -- I wouldn't put it past brett to start working on your intestinal lining after it finished up with the bagel.

You mean Iv spent all this money on carboys and kegs when I can just use my stomach

This can probably be "corrected" with a regimine of pro-biotic to crowd out the yeast. I imagine the person would have a bunch of skin issues with that much yeast in their system. Candida?

Eaily treated since it seems to be caused by antibiotics followed by a yeast infection replacing bacteria in the gut. First of all, don't drink a any beer while taking antibiotics. Second, if this happens to you, cease drinking beer and start consuming massive quantities of Activia yogurt.

This can probably be "corrected" with a regimine of pro-biotic to crowd out the yeast. I imagine the person would have a bunch of skin issues with that much yeast in their system. Candida?

What if we do the opposite and start the day mixing some yeast in with our cereal?

Latest posts

Back