Year old Apelwein Notes

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

svengoat

Reaction score
DSCF20561.JPG

Well it was my 40th Birthday this weekend so I decided to bust out a few bottles of apfelwein I brewed a year ago..:mug: As you can see from the pic it's still and cleared beautifully... Upon opening I noticed a strong apple aroma.. Clean taste and no bad after taste.. It's really really smooth, so smooth in fact I'm just waking up to post this at 12:30 PM Sunday.. I still can't find my underwear or my sunglasses and there is a lipstick kiss just over my left butt cheek..

Morning after hangover is pretty outstanding, thank god I had the sense last night to chill another bottle for today.. The farts smell like farts should..with a hint of apple..

I got De ja brew.. I'm drunk all over again..

Pic doesn't work, but sounds amazing! I have a few bottles of 1.5 yr Apfelwein made with cote des blancs that came out too sour, perhaps it's mellowed with age now. I'll have to give it a shot!

Can somebody tell me how to add photos from snapfish again?? I've tried everything:( Just figured it out, free members cannot post pics anymore..

Back