Yeah Magpie is Back (Sort of)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rudeboy

Reaction score
One of the beers that got me into HomeBrewing was Magpie Ale from Big Rock. (A Rye Ale.) Specifically the lack of it.

About five years ago I went looking for Magpie and found out they weren't making it any more. And I said "F this I'm making my own." And thus began the obsession.

Now from what I can gather Big Rock has a pilot brewery and are making small batches for Calgary only draft beer accounts which includes a resurected Magpie.

Any Cowtown guys know were you can get this? Is it the same? Any possibility of Big Rock firing some up the #2 to E-town? It would go down a treat at the Sugar Bowl.

Rudeboy

I had some of it at the Shabam beer festival that was up in Edmonton a few months ago. Being fairly young I had never tried it so I didn't get what all the buzz was about however a few of my older brewing buddies were telling me it was all the rage when it was first produced and like you they were very sad when it went away. After trying it I was quite impressed I was told by the people working the Big Rock booth that it was still fairly limited supply and was only going to be on tap in a few bars throughout Alberta I suspect if you contact Big Rock they can let you know where you can find it either full time or part time.

Back