yeah 1st brew day

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Notnice

Reaction score
Im about to embark on my first brew day. Wish me luck
Its a Midwest Oatmeal stout w/ a little extra Honey (its a Jamaican honey I got on my last trip) I think im going to call it mouf of the souf stout

So it went well no real problems. I had a boil over but i was outside so no biggie. now im stairing at my airlock in wonder of my final product. I added the honey at 10 min just to lighten it up a little. I knew that the addition of the honey was gong to raise the OG so the recipie called for 1.042-1.046 I hit 1.50. i cant wait to start on this brown ale I want to try a stab at

nice, sounds like a winner. did that jamacian honey have any special ingredients in it??

maybe next time. I want to get my process down before I start experimenting :rockin:
Thanks to all the infor on this site Im hooked allready :mug:

I just took a Hydro sample today it is at what seems to be a little under 1.020 ( it seems that way but im probly not reading it right). Funny enough tho it tastes like Yuengling.
So my next question is do u think its safe to rack to secondary on sunday (1 week) or let it go for another week?(I have read the secondary threads and im just asking those who use a secondary) I only have 1 primary and a glass carboy secondary and im itchy to get to making a brown ale recipie i have been working on.

I guess i'll leave it alone. I must have woke up the yeasties and the airlock is bubblin' again (it hadent bubbled alot in a day or so but I know thats not a sign)

Damn its soo good. I tried a couple after it was carbed and they were OK, but now after a few extra weeks I cant keep my hand off. good thing I stashed a couple 22'2 away for a rainy day

Back