Yakima Valley Hops $7/lb for 2017 hops

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deadwolfbones

Reaction score
TPXpI10lp8XAHFiOQvDbW15o9sZlR10uFSpXocRAtTyd7G__8yFW1Pjqv4905yOdrEhddQCzHoxB_n2a92KRKavhQMCKw96VeIB49nk7bV-qIis2QFyvlVSzIAC7GHzC9RYO_BGsE_-OIlhwfGsItAq6yIC5RhgZ-Jo=s0-d-e1-ft

Special sale for National Homebrew Day.

https://www.yakimavalleyhops.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=2080

YVH takes really good care of their hops. Cold storage, flushed and vacuum sealed. I'm using 2016s that are still plenty potent.

Aside from cascade and centennial, what to do with the other hops available, For Ales...not lagers.
Putting Chinook on the sidelines

Pekko is great in anything Belgian. Crystal is a classic APA type hop. Sterling is nice in British ales.

I've purchased Yakima Valley hops from their clearance sales in the past. In some cases those hops were up to 3 years old. I've not had an issue.

I ordered one of each. I've only brewed 6 batches total so far - I'll have to find lots of recipes that use these hops in the future! Looking forward to it though.

Some of the 2018 hops are only $10/lb. It might be worthwhile to spend the extra $3 for a newer crop.

A shipping label was created for mine less than two hours after I placed the order. Then my local USPS offices got a hold of it. Hopefully they'll make it to me today.

Got mine super quick, I ended up buying some other hops and ended up with another 8 or 9 pounds, it shipped super quick, I’ll be repackaging in smaller Mylar bags so I don’t have to reseal every time I want some

Back