Y8610u

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk:

Sawdustguy

Reaction score
I have purchased and received a Honeywell Y8610U intermittent pilot retrofit kit to regulate the temperature of my HLT. Can anyone tell me how much propane pressure the valve can handle? I have read the manual from cover to cover and it only mentions that there is an internal regulator. If you have not guessed yet I am trying to purchase a appropriate regulator to attach to the propane tank.

OP
Sawdustguy

Sawdustguy

Reaction score
Ok, I read the manual again and found it. It is rated for 1/2 lbs of pressure. Does anyone know where I can find a propane regulator that will give me 1/2 lbs of pressure?

OP
Sawdustguy

Sawdustguy

Reaction score
The valve is recommended for natural gas and propane. I have been doing some googling and found alot of low pressure regulators are rated at 11 WC which translates to approximately .39 PSIG. Now that I know such a beast exists. Which one is the best to purchase? I have found some 1 stage regulators and some 2 stage regulators. I am not looking to cut corners here as Propane scares the bejezzus out of me.

kladue

Lifetime Supporter
Reaction score
Look for a 2 stage pressure regulator with the BTU rating equal + 15% to all of the burners that will be burning at the same time. An example would be 3 85000 btu burners = 255,000 + 38250 = 293,250 btu capacity regulator.