Wyeast Lambic Blend

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DoubleAught

Reaction score
I'm about to add this to a Lambic I'm putting together and as I'm sanitizing my Better Bottle with Star San I think to myself, um this stuff kills bacteria. Is it ok to add Lambic yeast to the Wort of a freshly sanitized carboy? I think it's ok as it would be so diluted by then but don't want a "doh" moment in case you're not supposed to do that. Thanks :rockin:

Star san should dilute enough when you add Wort. I wouldn't worry. It should actually help feed it. At least that's what I heard.

That's what I'm think also, wasn't sure with this yeast having bacteria cultures in it.

I just recently started my first sour too. I was told proper sanitation should still be followed so as to prevent the bugs you don't want from infecting your beer.

I just recently started my first sour too. I was told proper sanitation should still be followed so as to prevent the bugs you don't want from infecting your beer.

Thanks, that's the answer I was looking for. :D

Back