Wyeast American Wheat 1010 at 75 degrees?OOPS!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JBrady

Reaction score
Hello with my move from 2.75 gallons to 5.5 gallon batches I have noticed that I have a more difficult time controlling temperatures. I have a wheat beer fermentation going right now thats peaking out and I'm desperately trying to get it down from 75 degrees to 68-70 with a water bath right now. My question is how bad am I hurting this beer by fermenting Wyeast American Wheat 1010 at 75 degrees? This yeast says that its optimum temp range is 58-74, but I'm a degree higher than that. If it helps this is a american style wheat with alot of orange and lime zest, amarillo hops. Thanks for any info.

dang that sucks, oh well, hopefully it'll still be drinkable, can a longer primary and longer bottle conditioning help reduce some of the bad flavors?

RDWHAHB. This is just part of the total home brewing experience.
This batch may be a little more fruity than you'd like, but it will probably be drinkable.
If you don't like it at first, store it in a cool place for a month or so and try it again.

I keep a half dozen plastic coke bottles in the freezer.
Put one or two in the water bath and switch when they're melted.

Back