Wyeast 3789PC - Experiences?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AmandaK

Reaction score
Hey guys,

Pitched 3789 about three days ago into a Belgian Blondeish beer. I'm sort of going for an Orval with the one, but my question is what kind of fermentation schedule (temp/time) would you guys suggest?

I pitched at 62 and let it get up to 68 within a day. 68 is the lower limit of this yeast.

Thanks!
Amanda

I pitched a 1.75L+/- starter into 5.5 gals of an orval clone (OG 1054) last sat at noon. It was bubbling away by 8 that evening. I pitched at 70F and kept it between 70 and 72F throughout the week. Based on the activity I saw in the starter, I went with a blowoff for primary - definately needed it too, as fermentation was very active and vigorous. Bubbling stopped by Thurs - FG 1010. I checked it again yesterday (Sat) - same FG - so I racked to secondary. I also salvaged the yeast cake and washed it.

I plan to let the beer clear a bit and the brett begin to dry everything out in secondary for about a month before dry hopping and bottling. Any suggestions for bottling?

Latest posts

Back