Wyeast 3724 Belgian Saison for Imperial Belgo IPA?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

permo

Reaction score
I am very soon, going to have a nice belgian saison yeast cake ready for me after I keg my 1.057 OG saison. I have a load (20 pounds) of hops left in my freezer from 2011 so its time to really start thinking crazily. I need to brew up some big IPAs quickly, but I also love the belgian IPA substyle.

would 3724 be a decent yeast for a belgian style IPA? I am thinking mash high so that it ends 1.012..1.014 and ferment in that 85 degree range with the touchy yeast. something like this maybe:

25 pounds pale
4 pounds vienna
1 pound C40
1 pound sugar or inverted sugar

OG = 1.080

a mix of willamete, centennial, chinook and amarillo, mostly hop bursted up to about 85 IBU?

3724 would be perfect for a belgian IPA- Stone's cali-belgique is just their IPA fermented with a saison yeast (same grain and hops bill). I did a belgian IPA with WLP530 (Abbey II) and didn't care for it- saison yeast all the way.

Its fantastic. Actually have it on draught right now. I added dehusked carafaa to turn it black, but the brew is sublime. Too bad its so cold out now here in North Dakota. I have no 100 degree garage ....can't wait till summer.

Too bad its so cold out now here in North Dakota. I have no 100 degree garage ....can't wait till summer.

Just use a a big tub of water and an aquarium heater. I do it all the time in cooler weather. I have one that I can get the water to 90 degrees. That way I can brew saisons in the winter and have them ready for the warmer weather. YUM.

Latest posts

Back