wyeast 3068 weihenstephan wheat smack pack question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chainsawbrewing

Reaction score
the lhbs said this was a very active violent yeast, and reccomended to me that i use a blow off tube, because the foam would rise so high and so rapidly that it would fill up my airlock, and could become clogged and blow beer all over the place.

i pitched at 10pm on saturday night. by sunday am i was bubbling in the airlock about 2 bubbles per second. but i only got about 2 inches of foam. now on monday afternoon, i'm down to about a bubble every 4 seconds, so it seems to have slowed down already, and the foam is staying the same, not rising, or falling. should i be concerned? it's not even half the amount of foam i had when i made my blue moon clone. i did everything according to spec i believe. its basically a hefeweizen brew, i put in 6oz of biscuit, and 6oz of victory. i'm fermenting at about 75 degrees, to increase the bannana flavor.

thanks for the help.
brian

Did you make a starter before pitching? If not, your fermentation sounds about average.

Never heard of a hefeweizen with either biscuit or victory in it, but why not.

Back