Wyeast 2575-PC Kolsch II Yeast

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JediJoel

Reaction score
Shot in the dark cause it's been a while since Wyeast released 2575, but anyone have this in their vault?

I'm thinking about a festbeir-style ale and this strain seems to clear up better than Kolsch.

Don't have the yeast you are looking for, but have you tried WLP029?

I find it is clean, fast and drops clearer than the kolsch yeasts.

I've heard Giga Yeast 021 is a Kölsch strain similar to 2565 but flocculates better. I find WLP029 doesn't have the same character as Wyeast version.

Yeah I would agree that WLP029 doesn't have the same character as the Wyeast versions.

I might look into GY021. I was hoping to ferment low and the strain data says it goes to about 60 (which could be low enough) and if it floccs well that could fit the bill.

Still, if anyone has the strain I would love to use it. I used it when it first came out and love it!

The suggestion of wlp029 was mostly in regard to your plan to do a festbier style ale which seems like it would benefit from a cleaner yeast if you are trying to mimic a lager.

I've heard Giga Yeast 021 is a Kölsch strain similar to 2565 but flocculates better. I find WLP029 doesn't have the same character as Wyeast version.

This is my favorite Kolsch yeast. It fits right between 029 and 2565. It has less of the wine-ish character of 2565. It flocculates well and still carries that German Lager flavor. It improves with every generation too. Try it

Back