Wyeast 1968

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RandalG

Reaction score
First time using this yeast. I made a starter and today in the morning there was some krausen but when I got home it pretty much dropped and is swirling around the bottom clumped together. Is that normal? I've never had a starter do that before.

IMG_5254.jpg

First time using this yeast. I made a starter and today in the morning there was some krausen but when I got home it pretty much dropped and is swirling around the bottom clumped together. Is that normal? I've never had a starter do that before.

IMG_5254.jpg

My starters with WY1968 look like egg drop soup when they're done. This strain is highly flocculant, just give it a good swirl before pitching.

Looks good to me - love that strain and have been using it in porters and IPA's alike. Does well in both.

I call it "floatmeal" looks like that all the time in the flask.

Egg drop soup...good description. Or similar to snow flakes swirling in a snow globe. Just made a starter this weekend....looks funky and chunky. All good.

Love this strain! I use it in a simcoe/citra heavy imperial IPA. Overpitched once, won't make that mistake again! It went crazy.

Back