wyeast 1469 in an apa?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EO74

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I've had wyeast 1469 for a while now and im itchen to use it the only problem is i have no english hops? I was going to get some last time i was at my lhbs but like a kid in a candy store i got to excited and overwhelmed ......i forgot them:( I'm itchen so i was wondering if anyone had used this strain for an american pale or maybe an english pale with american hops?? My base malt is crisp marris otter and i have tons of hops just no english ones ?

1469 is one of my favorite yeasts. Love it in anything. Apa, ipa stout, english anything. Did the firestone walker union jack ipa with it and turned out fantastic.

Alright thats all i needed thanks ! I didnt want to overpower the yeast with american hops but homebrewing IS ALL ABOUT trial an error:mug:

It's gonna be fruity....

It would be awesome if you could remember to post back here with the recipe/results.

Back