wtf snow?!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It has been snowing way much more here in Northern az this winter than the past 3. And I broke my fibula with this ****ty ice outside my apartment, I hate the ice, I am bitter!!!!!!!

Waaaaaa! I see two inches of snow accumulate during my morning commute...

whambulance.jpg

There is a reason we live in Texas, so we don't have to deal with that crap on a daily basis.:) :mug:

hows this..western ny... 4 inches 3 days ago...63 at 3pm today and now its snowing as I look out my window. low 30s high 20s next 7 days. you know where to put those two inches...wining is in the other forum I think lol

Damn, Western NY. That's crazy. All I've got is 5 solid months of freezing rain. Hooray Ocean.

Edit: Wait, I got confused. Your crazy temperature scale is meaningless to me.

yeah thats right...thats Fahrenheit...oh I did it...but hows this 3 to -5C for you canucks..still a damn big shift from todays 60deg F

i am a little late on the post as i am at work, but damn i hate snow. i had to drive in it. i am origonally from florida. first time i saw snow was last winter (my first winter in texas). other than the crazy winters i love texas and would not trade it for the world.

So is Texas known for its harsh winters or something? I can only scoff at that.:p

Not really. The winter here has been far from harsh (by Canadian standards). More ice than snow.

Waaa.... Whatever. Anyone from Texas can feel free to drive up here to Michigan and see what a real winter is really like. The only thing worse than a Texan complaining about snow, is a Floridian showing off how warm it is in February!

I'm liking that the temps are staying near freezing during the day. Better than what we've seen through most of the past 2 months.

Had a small amount of snow yesterday and still freezing most nights. Very rare for March around here. There is snow from December above 1000 feet. That's unheard of, though it might be because we got so little rain in February.

So in the last three years we've had:

The driest summer on record.
The second wettest December.
The second coldest winter. &
The second hottest summer. (same year!)
The longest snow cover. [Although, the Louis & Clark expedition was snowed in for 6 weeks.]

I had a little bit of frost this morning. Only two inches of snow down in Texas, I thought everything was supposed to be bigger down there.

Homercidal said:
Waaa.... Whatever. Anyone from Texas can feel free to drive up here to Michigan and see what a real winter is really like. The only thing worse than a Texan complaining about snow, is a Floridian showing off how warm it is in February!
QUOTE]

Yeah, well, we pay a whole other price for mild winters. Come and experience an East Texas July and August to see what I mean. There's the heat, and fireants and the biggest spiders I've ever seen...now I have to co-habitate with them. They are in my HOUSE!! You Michiganers would probably do about as well with that as I would with a MI winter...

Like General Sherman said, "If it crawls, slithers or bites, it lives in Texas."

He also said, "If I owned both Texas and Hell, I'd rent out Texas and live in Hell."

Bottom line, we pay a pretty hefty price to live here and we don't deserve the worst of both worlds! :mad:

That being said, I'm getting the hell out come May! :D

The biggest problem with snow in Texas.. the lunatic drivers and lack of ability to really deal with the ice. This morning, 12 accidents on 635, 15 accidents on highway 75, fatal accident on 121, a nasty accident near me on 380.. prolly countless others.. I telecommuted, I won't go on the roads for nothing when it ices/snows here.

You don't have a monopoly on crazy drivers when it comes to snow. We get our fair share and a fresh fall of snow brings out a lot who don't know when to slow down.
OTOH it makes for easy doughnuts on parking lots :)

Back