WTF, New Belgium?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kungpaodog

Reaction score
I usually really like the seasonal beers from New Belgium (Two below: Great! Frambozen: Delicious dessert treat!), but they recently replaced the Old Cherry in their sampler 12-pack with a new one called Giddy Up.

Coffee stouts can be great. Citrus-wheats are great. But this stuff is a rather odd coffee lemon monstrosity that I will not be buying again. It isn't awful, per-se, but it just ain't good.

The picture on the label has a rooster on the back of a horse, and the beer will henceforth be know as horse-cock ale. That about sums it up.

Anyone else had this stuff?

I like this beer a lot. I've had a few glasses on tap at the local bar, and I was impressed. I made everyone I knew in the place at the time try it. It is certainly not a normal beer by any means, but it is a clean taste, and I can see what they were playing around with on this one. I really do think this beer is for a selective palate and not everyone will enjoy it, but I really thought it was nice.

Back