WTF is an EAC?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kaiser

Reaction score
Now I can't hold off anymore. This acronym has been popping up for a while now and I can't even search for the thread that started it b/c the stupid search function doesnt search for short words.

Can someone please enlighten me.

Thanks,
Kai

Wow I havn't been here that long and even I know that no one is going ot tell you the answer to that one. If you look hard enough you can find it. It took me awhile too. Takes a long time to be allowed to use it though.

Cheers

EDIT: guess I was wrong.

Chairman Cheyco said:
That thread still pisses me off. You EAC's were pretty much out of line.

Ridicule for the sake of ridicule, IMHO, is unacceptable behavior.

However, ridicule along with assistance is called "indoctrination" and is a common behavior in all social groups. :mug:

Ahhh man, came right out with the answer.....I worked my @$$ off trying to find that thread and was stoked when I finally stumbled across it.....oh well.

The kid caught a lot of us at a time when we were feeling particularly punky. With that said, his question was answered. If he can't take some teasing, well... he needs to grow a pair. Hell, I really, really wish some people here made some strongly-worded suggestions that I didn't know what the hell I was doing on a couple early batches, it would have saved some frustration and lots of wasted ingredients.... ("a POUND of coffee? Half a pound of lactose? All that chocolate? PLUS all that crystal malt? WTF is wrong with you, son?!" would have been greatly appreciated... ;))

Thanks,

I actually remember that thread, but didn't decide to follow it. Maybe I should have.

Kai

the_bird said:
The kid caught a lot of us at a time when we were feeling particularly punky. With that said, his question was answered. If he can't take some teasing, well... he needs to grow a pair.

Agreed, and for the record, I thought your original recipe looked awesome!

:rolleyes:

:mug:

Eh, I think I'll take a moderate stance on this one. I joined in the ribbing, but I also gave a few bits of advice. I think we may have gotten a little carried away, but so did he. Can't we all just get along? ;)

I gave him serious advice and asked him why he wanted to do what he wanted to do. If I'd of know his reaction to having is motive questioned then I would not of helped.
I'm afraid I am not interested in helping anyone make crap beer and would suggest to anyone that this is not the forum to frequent if you want to do so. If it turns out that the majority of the users on here want to do so then that is when I will no longer be around. I am also not interested in helping those who are not willing to help themselves.

Now if that makes me an EAC then so be it.

Alright, time to take this totally off topic... :D

:off:

Kornkob...

Several years ago, I went to a party... Mind you, I was about 12 years old... It was me, my brother and sister and a bunch of adults... Well... I had to go to the bathroom.

I went in the bathroom (this was about 1979 or earlier, I don't remember). So I'm sitting on the pot and I notice this old dry corn cob with an electric cord coming out of it. It had a little label on it that said "electric toilet paper". At the time, I didn't get it, but now there are times I wish I had that thing...

By the way... as any 12 year old would do, I plugged it in and was sorely disappointed because it didn't vibrate or anything...

I think we need a Hall of Fame forum or perhaps Hall of Shame.

Back