WTB stainless condensate hood

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would check your local used restaurant equipment dealer for condensate hoods.

The Fast hood...don't know. No specs on it. Stay away from side exhaust, if possible. It requires more cfm to achieve equal steam capture than a typical top mounted exhaust collar.

The Eagle hood is your typical restaurant style condensate hood, 304 SS, 20"-24" height, full length hanging brackets. It sucks...air. Probably not as pretty as the Fast, but will work.

Between the two hood manufacturers, I would say that the Fast hood is the garbage hood. Lack of specs and corner mounting brackets screams cheap. But lets be real, its a condensate hood, not complicated, I'm sure it will suck just fine.

Hood Depot is another company that makes cheap condensate hoods. Also local food service SS fabricators.

Also check your local HVAC companies that do sheet metal fabrication.
We had ours built, 16 gauge stainless 24x24x60 for under $450.00

IMG_20140625_191157_783.jpg

IMG_20140625_212555_694.jpg

--john

I realize this post is old, but I'm about to hang my condensate hood and wanted to see if you had any advice.

It looks like you used strut? Did you just bolt that to joists and then hang threaded rod from it?

Also check your local HVAC companies that do sheet metal fabrication.
We had ours built, 16 gauge stainless 24x24x60 for under $450.00

IMG_20140625_191157_783.jpg

IMG_20140625_212555_694.jpg

--john

Back