• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB solder dimple tool

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brewhokie

Reaction score
I was wondering if any awesome HBT member would be interested in helping out a fellow home brewer. I really want to swap out my weldless fittings for soldered fittings. However I'm having a hard time swallowing the cost for the dimple tool that I've seen many use. If you've made a dimple tool for either 1/2" or 1" (I would like to add a CIP bottom drain) ferrules and would let me borrow the tool I'd be very grateful.

I would obviously pay for shipping both ways. I've seen some other members offering Greenlee punches to borrow and thought the dimple tool might be another awesome way to help out fellow brewers.

PM me if your interested.

I have one in Northern VA that I used once for a test. It created the 1/2" dimple without a problem, but I don't have the right solder and it isn't high on my list.
I'm out of town until Sunday, but can send it when I get back. PM me your address. Would just want it back within 3-4 weeks.

I have one in Northern VA that I used once for a test. It created the 1/2" dimple without a problem, but I don't have the right solder and it isn't high on my list.
I'm out of town until Sunday, but can send it when I get back. PM me your address. Would just want it back within 3-4 weeks.

Just a heads up, regular plumbing solder works just fine. The Stay-Clean Flux is about the only thing you really need.

Back