• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB: Bordeaux/Burgundy wine bottles

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KBentley57

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I know it's mostly beer here, but if anyone has extra bordeaux or burgundy style wine bottles laying around for cheap (that they would be willing to ship) I'll take them off your hands. They don't need to be cleaned or delabed, I'll do that part. They don't have to be any certain color either. I only want corkable bottles, no screw tops.

Kyle B

Based on what I've found in this forum, I went to a local restaurant to see if they would set some aside for me and I would buy the bottles from them. The restaurant told me that it is against their policy to save the bottles, but they pointed me to where they put the bottles outside and that I could have as many as I like as often as I like. Incidentally, they happen to be next to the dumpster, so I feel a little weird about "dumpster diving", but in reality, I am not and I saved a ton of money for the ~100 bottles or so that I have. And if I ever need more, I know where to get them.

Restaurants are the way to go. My neighbor is a chef, and hooked me up with 4 cases of their house white bottles.

My local olive garden doesn't allow you to dumpster dive (to their knowledge, at least) but they would give me empties that were still in house. Turned out to be two and one was a screw top, so...
What I've been doing is have my wine drinking friends save their bottles. Give them a box to store it in and buy em a bottle every now and again. They will usually even rinse them out for ya

Back