• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

WTB - 1/4BBL Sanke Keg "pony" or slim

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

GNBrews

Reaction score
I'm looking for a 1/4BBL keg to use for pressurized fermentation of 5.5-6gal batches.

I'm up in ND. They're surprisingly not too hard of a job to ship, if you're up for it. I recently got some 1/2bbls from Pennsylvania.

The guy simply unfolded a cardboard box into a sheet of cardboard, wrapped it around the keg with a few inches of overlap at the seam, taped the seam, then slit the top and bottom overhanging pieces (the "flaps" from the box) into petals that folded down on the top and bottom. He then put a circle of cardboard on the top and bottom to cover the folded-down petals, and ran a circle of tape around the seam. I wish I would have taken a photo, it was a pretty good idea.

Edit: Here's a silly graphic/mockup. Those petals don't need to be that long because the top circle of cardboard will cover them.

canister2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back